How to Create Account on Gmail: If you’ve been pondering whether or not you should sign up for Gmail and finally come to a decision, your next question is probably how to create an account on Gmail. Well, in this article, we’re going to show you how to do just that. This procedure will work if you’re creating an account with Gmail for the first time, or if you have existing accounts and aren’t currently logged in to any of them. Ok, here we go!
How to create an account on Gmail step by step
- Your first step is to go to the Gmail sign in page – I know, that sounds counterintuitive if you don’t even have an account yet, but this is how you’ll get to the registration to create a Gmail account. You can get there by searching for “Gmail” in your internet browser or going to gmail.com.
- Underneath the form where current users enter their email address and password, there’s a link for people who want to create a Gmail account. Click on that link.
- Now you should be on the sign up page, which you’ll need to fill out with all your information. You are required to fill in all the fields marked “required” (obviously), but the most important ones are your date of birth (for age verification), and your secondary contact information. It’s wise to add your mobile phone number if possible – that way, they can text you sign in codes for extra security or help you reset your password if you forget it.
- You also need to pick your new Gmail username/email address, which has to be unique (i.e. not taken by anyone else), and a strong but memorable password for your account.
- Once everything is filled out correctly, you’ll have to type in the Captcha code so that Google knows you’re a real person, then click the “next step” button to finish creating your Gmail account!