Delete Google Account – Deleting a Google account is a big decision, so hopefully you’ve carefully considered exactly what it entails. In case you aren’t sure, in this post we’ll talk about what happens when you delete a Google account, followed by step by step instructions to do it if you decide it’s the right thing for you to do.
Delete Google Account
What happens when you delete a Google account? – Are you aware of all the different services that are connected to your Google account? Here are some of the things that will be irretrievably lost if you decide to delete your Google account:
- The associated Gmail email address, and all messages, contacts, etc.
- Everything stored in Google Drive under that account
- All photos saved in Google Photos under that account
- Any associated YouTube accounts, channels, and data
- Paid apps for Android that were purchased in the Play Store using that account
- Any other Android data that was connected to that Google account
- And all other data, tools, services and accounts that are associated with the Google account you want to delete
If you understand the implications of deleting an entire Google account, you can proceed to the steps below. Keep in mind that you can delete accounts for separate Google services without getting rid of the whole account (like deleting a YouTube account, for example).
How to delete a Google account
Here’s what you need to do if you want to delete your entire Google account and all the data that goes with it:
- Sign out of everything related to Google so that you don’t mistakenly delete the wrong account.
- Then, sign back into Google under the account you want to delete, through your Gmail login page.
- Click on your avatar to open the drop down menu, and click on “my account” at the bottom of the menu.
- Scroll all the way down and go to the “account preferences” section.
- Scroll down again to the section titles “delete Google account or services”.
- Click on the second link, which says “delete Google account and data”.
- Confirm your password if prompted.
- Read through the list and check every single box to indicate that you understand everything that will be deleted along with your account.
- Check the box saying you agree that you are still responsible for pending charges.
- Click “DELETE ACCOUNT”.
Delete Google Account, remove account google, trash google account, eliminate google account, how to delete google account