Create Email – These days, it’s rare to find someone who doesn’t have an email account. It’s necessary to have at least one email address, not just for sending and receiving emails, but also to open accounts on social media like Facebook and Twitter and register for sites like Amazon. Not just that – even simply using an Android smartphone or tablet requires a Gmail (Google) email account.
The steps to set up an email address will be slightly different for different platforms (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Outlook, etc.), but most of them share these basic steps:
Steps to create an email account
- Go to the platform’s homepage and find the registration/sign up link (hint: it may be hidden in the sign in page for people who already have an account).
- You’ll need to pick a username for your new email address. It can be anything you want: your name, the name of your company, or just some random letters. The only condition is that no one on the same email platform has chosen this name before (i.e. it must be a unique username/email address).
- Enter a password. This is an easy but very important step. You need to make sure your password is hard to guess unless you want your private emails to be visible to random people on the internet. Obviously, 123456 or abcdefg are not good password choices.
- Enter your password again to confirm it, just in case you made a mistake when you wrote it the first time.
- In most cases, you will be asked to write your first and last name. What if you don’t want to give them that information? No problem, any name could work, the police won’t come knocking on your door for using a fake name on your email address.
- Answer the other questions they ask you, which could include your gender, date of birth, etc. In most cases they just use this data for statistical purposes, but as I said before, you can write fake information if you don’t feel comfortable giving them your personal information.
- Normally there is either an alternate email address, mobile phone number or security question requirement. These are used to help recover your password and access your email account again if you forget your password. Without this, your account would be lost forever if you lose your password, along with all of your emails and anything else you have stored in the account (photos, etc.).
- Finally, you will probably have to type in a code to prove you’re not a robot. After that, your new email account is usually all set up and ready to go!
create email, create new email, create mail, how to create a new emailTags: